So, anyway, I decided I should look up the signs of addiction, and here they are:
1. Do you lose time from work due to knitting?
Um, no! Of course not! Who would do that? (You're not counting knitting blogstalking or looking up patterns or SnBs or yarn online, right?)
2. Is knitting making your home life unhappy?
Unhappy? Definitely not. Now, untidy....
3. Is knitting affecting your reputation?
I think some people at work call me 'Knit girl' now. I have to admit I might just have a reputation as a knitter.
4. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of knitting?
Let's see. Denise needles, knitting basket, silk yarn, novelty yarn, wool yarn, new bamboo needles, and goodies, goodies, goodies. Moving on.
5. Does your knitting make you careless of your family's welfare?
I think I did let the cat see the bottom of his food dish a couple of times. And when was the last time I really cleaned the litter? Count this as a 'maybe'.
6. Has your ambition decreased since knitting?
No way. I aspire to bigger and better projects all the time! I even joined in the Knitting Olympics, as proposed and hosted by the Yarn Harlot. Check out the link over on the left (um, once I get around to getting that in. Maybe not today.)
Oh - does this not mean knitting ambitions?
7. Do you crave knitting at a definite time daily?
One time every day? Nope. Now, several times - yes. In the morning, in the afternoon, after dinner. Almost all the time. The only time I don't crave it lately is when I have a deadline. (Funny that)
8. Do you want to knit the next morning?
Of course - I might not have finished it the night before!
9. Does knitting cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
At least once that I remember. It was the night when I realised that I'd done something wrong in the baby blanket AGAIN and figured it out as I was falling asleep.
10. Has your efficiency decreased since knitting?
See above re: blogstalking etc.
11. Do you knit to escape from worries or trouble?
I live in a wonderful land of yarn and needles and patterns and blogs. What's to escape? La, la, la!
12. Do you knit alone?
Almost exclusively. I also knit at work, at my discussion group, in waiting rooms, on planes, and once, on the highway (stop and go on the QueenE drove me to it) The past three days, I've abandoned my purse, and carry my wallet in my knitting tote with me everywhere instead.
13. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of knitting?
I'm sorry - what?
14. Has your physician ever treated you for knitting?
So far... No. Will keep you posted.
15. Do you knit to build up your self-confidence?
You bet. Look! Look what I can do! I didn't think I could do this, but it worked out and it's magic and don't I look self-confidant now!
16. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of knitting?
Does the LYS count as an institution? Is Michaels rehab?
So there you have it. I'm fine. Really.
Now, where are those needles?...