Monday, January 16, 2006

My Voice

I am brimming with self congratulation. I have done my civic duty as a Canadian citizen and cast my vote in this election. And in an advance poll, no less. And to top it all off, at the last minute, I decided to abandon any notion of 'strategic voting', and I voted for the party with whom I most agree in terms of the issues, and even left aside my personal views of the party leader. How civicky, no?

Today was a day to get things done. I accomplished more at work than I have been lately, too. I heard on CBC this morning that you don't need a reason to vote at an advance poll - I always thought you did, like you would be out of the country or some such. Turns out not so much. They just file you behind the little stand-up cardboard thingy and hand you your ballot and mini pencil without a question asked. So now it's done, and I know that I don't have to worry about not having the time to go, or being out of town on a sudden work thing, or even listen to the worsening negative campaigning. I am done and happy to be so.

Behold the Canadian!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is that leader *cough*Jack Layton*cough*?

It feels weird to be done voting already, doesn't it?