Friday, November 03, 2006

Heading South for the Weekend


It took a month. And $12 in customs fees over and above the price of the yarn (discounted, to be fair) and the shipping. But I finally have my Kureyon. I don't really know what I'm going to make with it - I'm thinking maybe a bag. I probably don't need another scarf at this point.
But I don't think I'll be ordering from Webs again. It's not their fault, but if it's going to take a month to get anything I order from an American store, it's really not worth the (sometimes) lower prices.
I'm heading down to Windsor today. I really should have left by now, but that's another, and very familiar story. I'm going down to attend my brother's graduation tonight. This makes me very happy. I take so much joy in my brother's triumphs and accomplishments. He's come so far from the horrible place he was stuck in, inside his own mind and his own darkness.
But now he's graduating from Geek School and has a geek job that he loves and his life seems to be moving in a positive direction. At last. And this makes me happy.
I only wish I could knit during the three and a half hour drive down to Windsor for the celebration. As it is, I'll have to fill the time with music and knitting podcasts, now that Cast On is back from hiatus. It'll do.

No comments: