Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Escape from the Couch

I did it! I actually got off the couch and went to see people and knit with them - and on a school night, no less!

I made contact with someone in a Mississauga knitting group a couple of weeks ago, and found that the group meets pretty close to where I live. I planned to go that first week, and then the second week, but odd things happened in the way that they tend to do - I had to work late, and then Jodi was here visiting. For years, nothing happens on Wednesdays. Go figure.

But I finally made it out tonight, and met some very nice people, and got some knitting done, and even learned how to rip back and pick up better (and by 'better', I mean 'without losing track of all the stitches and having to restart entirely, which is my usual way'). I have to say that I'm kind of proud of myself for going and hanging out with strangers. This is not my way. But it's a good change. I hope to go back again - probably with a simpler project, so that I don't spend half the time ripping.

I have a couple of projects on the go right now - I will share one of them once I have all the elements right - light, a camera, the inclination to use both, and the second will have to be only hinted at, as the recipient occasionally (not often) visits here, and this is one I want to be a surprise. But I'm loving it, and so must find a way to share the joy.

For now, though, it's sleepy time. My one little Strongbow and the late (for me) night out have combined to cause me to drift off with my fingers on the keys.

No comments: