Saturday, February 04, 2006

Weekend Woes

I love that I can bring my laptop home on the weekends. Being able to sit in bed and read my comics and email and click around the forum and read blogs makes it a little more bearable that I keep waking up way too early every Saturday morning.

I have a love/hate relationship with the weekend. All week, I long for the weekend. Every day I wish it were Friday. I rush home Friday night (most of the time) and ... that's where it all falls apart. Because I do nothing with my weekends, and come Sunday night, I feel like I've just wasted the past two days with nothing but garbage tv and movies. I wake up on Saturday and think that I'm going to get all kinds of things done, go out and do laundry and get groceries and be accomplished. Then I don't get out of my jammies until sometime mid-afternoon and continue to waste away the days on the couch.

At least yesterday I did get out of the house once. I went out to dinner at Wildfire Steakhouse and Wine Bar with Deena and her family. It was a nice night, and afterwards we played dominoes, which was new to me, but fun.

Today I finally started the blanket that I was originally going to give to my dad for his birthday. Now, considering that his birthday is next week, well, who knows when this will be done and when it will get to him. On the bright side, I just cable knit for the first time. Unfortunately, I'm using a bumpy yarn (as called for in the pattern) so you can't see the cables at all. I'm tempted to just plain old knit a huge rectangle and be done with it.

In other knitting news, I've been training for the Olympics. My plan is to knit as my project a fishtail patterned scarf out of the silk Noro. I found a similar pattern for a washcloth, and I'm making up a few to get the hang of it. With such beautiful yarn as the Noro, I really don't want to have to pull it apart over and over again whenever I make a mistake.

For now, I'm going to make up some chicken tikka masala for my dinner and then keep on with the blanket in front of whatever comes on tv. The wonderful curry smells seeping out from my neighbour's door pretty much determined my dinner tonight.

No comments: