Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Knit 1 Geek 1


3 days to the Olympics! Here is a sort of preview of my project.

This is the pattern I'm going to be using - kinda. I'll only have three of the loopy bits across the pattern, and my yarn is entirely different - I'll be using the Noro silk garden that I raved about a while back. I have to admit openly that this is not all a generation of my imagination and creativity. It's directly copied from an idea by Aspenglow here, so credit definitely needs to go where it's due. Unless, of course, the thing turns out looking awful, in which case that would be entirely my fault.

Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to cast on along with the 3000 other knitters in the Olympics. I'm heading down to Windsor this weekend, so I'll most likely be driving during the (replay of) the opening ceremonies. I might think about not leaving until Saturday morning, but we'll see how that plays out.

My non-knitting project is compiling right now as I type (which is actually causing a very annoying typing delay, that and a crappy (and sadly 'new') keyboard). It's my annual photostory. Can I call it 'annual' when I've only done it once before? Well, I am. I did this last year, and I loved the results. It's such a fun program, easy to use and best of all, free! I pick out all my favourite pictures for the whole year, some appropriate music, and voila! A great, beautiful little slideshow. Well, that's if 'voila' means adjusting timing and framing and editing pictures. But still, it's overall quick and painless. I installed the program probably a bit over two hours ago. Since then, I've made and eaten dinner and gotten a load of laundry half done, and finished the photostory. I wish I could put the finished thing here in my blog, but I really don't think I can. It's probably for the best. Enough people will be subjected to it when I burn it to dvd and bring it everywhere with me.

heh heh heh

Overall, it's turning out to be a really good night so far. Groceries on the way home, a yummy pesto pasta dinner, getting laundry done, getting the photostory done, and - the very best - pulling on my PJs still warm and fluffy right out of the dryer.

Some days it doesn't take much to make me happy.

No comments: