Saturday, March 27, 2004

Well, I've done it. I am now confirmed to be moving into a new apartment in Binbrook on April 15th. I'm excited and scared. Excited, because I'm getting out of a place I've come to absolutely hate (not a place to call 'home'). Scared, because I know that it's more than I can really afford comfortably. IF I get a decent raise in May, all will be well. But with all the excitement at work, I don't want to count on that.

I am enjoying my time in Windsor. Just being away from my apartment is an enormous weight off my shoulders. And knowing that I will be free soon after returning also imbues good feelings.

I really like spending time in Windsor. Seeing people like Chrys and John, hanging out, just watching rented movies or playing cards are small delights that I really, really miss. I'm hoping that I start to spend some time with (non-work) people now that I'm living closer to some friends like Leanne and Timothy. And Cell will be a breeze, now that I'm living so close to Hamilton. I can even host! If I can figure out where people can park...

I think I'll ask Brent (new landlord) if I can stop by on the way back on Tuesday, to take a closer look at the apartment. I'd like to be able to do some measuring and planning with a good idea of what I can and can't do. I really am worried about finances - I'll have to be quite careful from here on in.

But for now, I'm just going to be excited about a new apartment. Putting up my pictures, setting up my furniture, storing things and organizing things. I have a lot to do in the next few weeks.

But it's all GOOD. :-)

No comments: