Thursday, March 04, 2004

Well, I did it.

Sort of.

I told my landlady that I was going to be looking for a new place to live in the near future. I told her that I'm not giving my "two months' notice", but that I would give her all the notice required once I know where/when I'm going.

They're in the driveway again.

But let's not think about that right now. Which means I also can't go outside or look out the window. It was especially fun tonight, as I had a trunk full of groceries to bring in, tramping them through the house.

But we're not paying any attention to that.

Today is finally almost kinda warm. It's another thing I'm trying not to get too enthusiastic about - it's almost certain that there'll be another few snowfalls before winter has truly released its grip. But for now, I'll enjoy today.

Something a bit amusing happened at the grocery store. I was in the 'juice' section, picking out some frozen lime-ade concentrate (fab stuff), and there was a good 'oldie' song playing on the store radio. I was kind of humming along, and then gradually noticed that the girl cleaning the shelves nearby was quietly singing along, too. Then I noticed that some guy in the frozen foods section was almost belting out the lyrics. It felt like a very 'the world is in a good mood today' moment. I couldn't help but smile.

I am beat. I had to do the same trial three times yesterday, and still ended up with unsatisfactory results. And I ended up staying until almost 6:00, then going back in from 8 until 9:30. Then I was too keyed up to get to bed right away etc. etc. etc. Tired. One of those days when every time I sit down I have to hold up my head because it feels too heavy to stay up on its own.

Time to go cuddle with the cat and pretend the world outside the window doesn't exist.

No comments: