Friday, July 18, 2003

Same day, same hour, same chair.

Okay, so now I want to see what I can do with this. Can I put in pictures, for example?

Nope, guess not. Hmm. Idea less appealing. But not completely so. I wonder if there would be a way to do that. I'll have to look into it. But for now, this will do.

It's the start of another summer and I'm still at Bick's. The corporate axe is still swinging, and it's dripping from yesterday's crop. A big one - the plant manager. It kind of puts fear in your heart. But I think that my head is still too low to be removed by a wayward 'thwack'. And would I be terribly upset? Hard to say...yes.

While I would of course mourn the loss of income, it would energize me to find something new, something I enjoy, something where I don't have to check my brain at the door for fear of offending my boss.

Ah, here's something I really, really shouldn't get into. I wouldn't even really know where to start, thank goodness.

For now... for now I am just spending another Friday night at home, alone, about to watch a rented movie - Legally Blonde, at John's suggestion. I've been told to expect pink, but that it's fun. It took John's opinion to get me to watch it, I have to say. I really trust his opinion.

And I miss having a friend that I connect with in the way that he and I do. We don't connect in all ways - there are actually some issues that, when encountered, feel like we're driving over the lump in the road where they paved over the dead deer. But it's the little things - like the fact that he noticed that my signature has changed. Who else would EVER have noticed that, or known that it was true?

A lump in my throat and my eyes bright with unshed tears.

Gag.

But true.

No comments: