Sunday, July 20, 2003

I just got back from seeing the apartment in Binbrook. For some reason, this has slightly depressed me.

I feel like I'm in a hopeless situation. I'm really at a point in my life when I would like a house, but I can't save up while I'm paying off OSAP.

Man, I wish I were better with money. Then I could save up my down payment, and just find a bloody house, instead of this nitpicky, moving from apartment to apartment thing. I'm getting really tired of mvoing every year. It costs a lot of money!

The apartment was pretty good, but I'm not in love with it. For one thing, it's an upstairs apartment, with all that implies. Good - I get the heat from downstairs. Bad - I have to cart everything up a flight of stairs every time I go home. Bad - it's a 26 minute drive (well, 24 minutes maybe) - but that's also good. Good - it's only 10 minutes away from the edge of Hamilton. Bad - it's on a busy street. Bad - there is no yard that I would have access to - just a little strip of grass along the house, beside the gravel driveway. Good - the landlord people seem really, really nice and responsible and open to help in any way. Bad - need $1200 for first and last.

Maybe I should just stick here for another while, and see what comes up. Maybe I'll get a different job. Maybe a house will come up for rent in my price range. I don't know.

Grr.

No comments: