I knit another hat - in a beige/white cotton twist yarn. It is a plain, rolled brim hat. I tried to put in a couple of cables to give it some texture, but they just didn't take. The yarn is kind of splitty, and it kind of acts like it doesn't like itself, in that it pulls and gaps at the K2togs at the brim. I would show you the hat, but it exceeds the boredom limits of even this blog. I hate this hat. But it's one that mum requested. So I decided to try to make some hat accessories.
They're also a great way to use up little leftover bits of yarn.
I started with the patterns on the Head Huggers page, but changed them up a bit, in that they suggested cutting the yarn after each petal. Instead, I just cast on using the same strand, eliminating the need to weave in about 12 ends. This also means I can start and finish a flower in about 10 minutes. So fun. And gratifying to see my little knitted garden grow so quickly.
And now, I have to get back to my dinner. I somehow managed to choose the most complicated recipe on Allrecipes.com in my quest to find an 'easy, lots of leftovers' casserole.