Friday, March 24, 2006

Best. Telemarketing call. Ever:

Me: Hello?
Telemarketer: Hi! This is Keith calling from Big-Ass Company Home Phone. I'm calling to help you save money today.
M: Uh, well, actually, right now I'm-
T: With Big-Ass Company Home Phone, you can save up to 20% on your monthly phone bill, all without installing any new equipment, AND you can bundle this with your other great Big-Ass Company services and save even more!
M: Well, I-
T: Are you currently with Bell Canada?
M: No, I'm not.
T: Okay, who are you with?
M: I'm with Vonage.
T: And how much do you pay each month for your home phone service?
M: Well, if I include all the taxes and such, it comes to twenty two dollars a month.
T: Twenty two dollars?
M: Mm-hm.
T: Oh. Well, do you ever make long distance calls?
M: Oh, yes. Most of the calls I make are long distance. That's included in the twenty two dollars - up to 500 minutes a month, but I never use that much.
T: Ah. I see.
T: ...
T: Well, thanks for your time. Have a great day.
M: Thanks! You, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Big-Ass Company Home Phone. I was considering going with them. Though, I can't decide if I'm just going to keep my cell phone. But I don't know how the phone-based buzzer works with just a cell phone.

Babble babble babble, me, me, me.... That is an Awesome call.