Saturday, July 21, 2007

Imprisoned by Canada Post

I feel as though I am trapped. It is now 5 pm, and the new Harry Potter book has yet to arrive. I've been up since 7 this morning, just because I was so excited to know it was the big day. And, I wanted to be all presentable and ready to answer the door at any moment.

That was a long time ago, now.

I can't leave the house. I worry when I go out on the balcony that I won't hear the door. I'm too scared of spoilers to turn on the television. This also limits use of the internet to some degree. I don't want to watch a movie, because I want to start reading the moment I have the book, and I wouldn't want to have to stop mid-movie for something I haven't seen before. So I've been watching some Firefly and sticking to catching up on old blogs. My friend Charlotte got the book at midnight and was finished by 7 am. It is killing her not having anyone with whom she can talk about the book. But she is also a very good friend, and would never spoil.

Thinking of other things...

I visited Windsor last weekend, and stumbled upon a nice (and dangerous) surprise, in the form of a store clearing out all its yarn. 40% off all yarn. I may have gone back a couple of times. I may be thinking of sending my mother back there to take a few more skeins off their hands. Maybe.

I didn't go completely nuts, but I did get some goodies - I'm especially happy about the lovely, tweedy alpacas. I'm thinking hats and mittens.

Not thinking about the book at all.

ETA: The book arrived at 6:50 pm. I now love Canada Post. I almost hugged the poor carrier in relief. I am now 59 pages in. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

2 comments:

charlotte said...

I am so glad that it arrived!! Now I just hope that you are almost finished so that we can discuss it!! Also, I love your new background on your blog (my bad read through a reader:) and I want know how to get something cool like that for my blog - we'll talk when you are awake and finished!

Chrystal said...

Carly had my book... and she was out camping :( Luckily she delivered this morning and I will get a chance to crack it open tonight!