Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Not quite one year later

[Insert standard “Sorry it’s been so long” explanation and apology here]

It’s summer again, and for the first time in about three years, we are getting a true summer, with all of the H’s well-represented.  Hot, hazy, humid galore.  We’re already four days into a heat alert, topped with a smog alert.  Air conditioners are chugging away earnestly, exchanging hot drips of water outside for cool, dry air inside.  This is one time when I truly appreciate the luxuries of artificiality.

As the anniversary of last year’s European cruise approaches, so do I approach only about the mid-point of editing all of the pictures I took on that trip.  I'm hoping to maybe be able to finish the editing before I hit the day we arrived in Venice.  Here are some of the pictures so far, anyway.  Not quite one year later.


No comments: