Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First Socks

Last weekend, I finally did it. I finished my first pair of socks. And they match, and they fit my feet, and they're lovely colours.

Toe Up Feather and Fan Socks

I can't claim that they're perfect, but that would be no fun, anyway.

Toe Up Feather and Fan Socks

I had a lot of fun making these. They were relatively quick, I got to learn new things, and I finally feel that I'm fairly competant knitting in the round on dpns. They've also opened up a whole new section of the LYS to me - the sock yarn. I may have wandered down to Linda's Craftique on Saturday and make a couple of aquisitions.

stash 006

stash 005

Of course, by then I was already carrying around my next sock.

Jaywalker in progress

Yes. The new obsession is developing nicely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha. Welcome to the dark side. (Or the light side -- your acquisitions will fit in nicely over there.)

charlotte said...

What beautiful socks! And what excellent yarn acquisitions!

JRS said...

Wow, you're fast! Just finished with your first pair and already well into another!

Sock yarn is the most fun to collect, imho. You never feel guilty buying it because you always know what you can knit it into!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks! I'm a huge fan of the blues--but the others are really fun too.