Sunday, January 28, 2007

Curse this superhuman strength!

I just BROKE one of my Denise cables. I was sitting on the couch, knitting away on a baby blanket - a fairly tame, if involving project, when the black end piece on the cable in my right hand snapped in two, leaving my knitting to fall into my lap like so much cotton spaghetti.

By some divine miracle (thanks, God!) my kit was near at hand, and I was able to reach over and grab another point and cable out of the case and rescue the blanket with hopefully no damage done.

But my Denise set! Woe is me! I've loved this set, and I feel like I've been betrayed by a friend. I'm going to contact the company - I've heard from several people that they're very good about customer service. I just never thought I'd need to test it out.

No comments: