Saturday, July 26, 2008

Noro in Zigzag

I am heading off today to our second annual week at the cottage! I am excited to bits, and just hoping we get at least some decent weather. But am packing lots of decks of cards, books, board games, dvds, and - of course - knitting projects just in case we are housebound. I don't think we'll be all that heartbroken to have to sit inside to do nothing some of the time.

Just in time to get it posted before leaving, I finished my first pair for the Summer of Socks.

Zig Zag Socks

These are destined to be a birthday gift for a friend. She already knows about them, so no stealth required.

Zig Zag Socks

As a matter of fact, she's even tried one on. This lead to the discovery that I was knitting them too short in the foot. So I added an extra pattern repeat to the second sock, by then in progress, and finally ripped out and reknit the first sock's toe. Hence the different toe colours. Up to that point, I was so matchy-matchy it made me giddy.

Zig Zag Socks

I love all the colours, but it's the little punch of copper at the heel that really pleases me the most.

Zig Zag Socks

Pattern: Zigzag Socks, by Christine Walter, from the Vogue Ultimate Sock Book.
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock, colourway S40
Mods: None.

I like this pattern. I also like this yarn. It's a bit rough while knitting up, but I didn't have too much vegetable matter - maybe four little bits in total, and nothing that jabbed me. It is a bit thick/thin in places, which took some getting used to. But none of that is noticeable in the finished socks, so it's all good.

It's also quite a generous skein. after completing the two socks, I still have just about another full colour repeat, meaning I could (should I choose to) get a third sock out of this skein. I'm thinking baby bootees, maybe.

Have a fabulous week! I'll be hitting the road soon, and if all goes well, might be back once or twice to tease with some fabulous pictures.

Cherrywood Lane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great socks! Have a wonderful time!