Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Start of Summer Knitting

Summer has descended on Toronto suddenly. We had a long, cool spring after a longer, soul-crushing winter. Then, suddenly, last Friday, we were plunged into the 3 H's. Hot, hazy, humid. We even had a humidex warning to celebrate our first summery day.

Sticky, hot weather means small, no-lap-contact projects. Luckily, there are lots and lots of babies in my life and periphery. Some have already arrived, and some are still baking. Either way, it means I get to make cute little things like this.

Saartje Bootees

I love the Saartje bootees. This is the second pair I've knit, and they're ridiculously fast, and so, so adorable. And to go with them, I thought a little hat would be perfect.

Vine Lacy Baby Hat

This is the Vine Lace baby hat, by Sandi Wiseheart. (Ravelry links there) Another cute, fast knit.

This was all made from the leftover yarn from my Coupling socks. It's from Sunnyside Ellen's Etsy shop, and it's really lovely stuff. And obviously a generous skein! This little set was a gift for baby Emma, the new addition to the family of a friend-of-a-friend. Any excuse to knit baby things is a good excuse.

I already have a little sweater on the needles that will be a Christmas present, and a couple of other little sweaters set to go when those needles are free. I'm trying to finish up the current sweater first, mainly because I'm really enjoying the project and don't want to put it down now that I'm nearing the end. Despite a little snag. Details soon. It's not pretty.

1 comment:

NicKilty said...

Those booties are adorable! I seem to have trouble with booties . . .