Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkins!



At the last minute, a friend invited me to help give out candy at her house. So we carved a couple of pumpkins this afternoon at work, then ran to her place to roast the seeds (mmm... salty) and start dishing out candy.

I think they both turned out great. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years. It was a lot of fun, even if it did take some intense scrubbing to get all the guts off my arms.
Mine was the first - the one that (hopefully) looks like Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Most of my Hallowe'ens since I've been on my own haven't involved much festivity at all, so this was a fun break from lack-of-tradition.

Happy Hallowe'en!

3 comments:

JRS said...

Those are great jack-o-lanterns! I miss them--pumpkins in Japan are these squat little green things that are a pain in the arse to carve.

Yosemite said...

Great looking pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Great pumpkins, and I did indeed think of Jack Skellington (although I didn't remember his name until I read it) when I looked at the first one.