Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I Didn't Know Dollar Store Stuff Could Be Even MORE Fun

But it can! Particularly when it's dollar store stuff from Japan. Or, more accurately, the 100 yen store.

Rachele, of My Nephews Knit, was kind enough to send me this little package all the way from the Land of the Rising Sun. Half of the fun was knowing that this package was coming and wondering what would be inside. And it was a perfect way to end a great long weekend, since the package arrived on my day off, so I was here to see it slide through the mail slot and arrive on my door mat. And the fun began.


In the package are funky purple chopsticks, a cute postcard, a packaged rice snack, a little drawstring bag, and the best - the erasers. There are two different shaped sushi erasers, which are all kinds of adorable, but the very, very best are these:

These are erasers shaped like bowls of ramen noodles. Very cute, yes. But why (you may ask) are they the very best part of the package?

Here's why:

Thaaat's right.

They open up to reveal little noodle-block erasers.

Don't worry - yes, I did take some (bad) pictures in Boston, and yes, there will be an entry about the trip. But until I have the gumption to start digging through the camera wreckage to find the useable pictures, it will have to wait. Suffice it to say that it was a great weekend and there is some small amount of photographic evidence.

Until then, I have one more picture of the ramen erasers to share. Because it's just so darn cute!

1 comment:

JRS said...

I'm glad you like them! I didn't even know those erasers opened to reveal little noodle erasers until a SP I sent some to earlier in the year posted about that on her blog!