Tuesday, August 19, 2008

For me!

I won a contest!

A couple of weeks ago, I added a comment to 1600 others to congratulate Sheri at The Loopy Ewe on her second anniversary.  And I was chosen as one of sixteen winners, much to my shock and amazement.

The package arrived today, and was just a fabulous way to celebrate a beautiful, cool summer day.

Loopy prize wrapped up

I knew the yarn would be yummy, so I left it as the last thing to be unwrapped.  What a fun little package.  There's a Loopy Ewe mini tote bag with a little tag that reads "Sock yarns don't count as stash!" and a cute little pin.  The pattern is for Making Tracks socks, by Wendy.  This is one I'll definitely be trying out.  Sorry it's not really in the picture, but here's the Ravelry link.

Loopy Ewe prizes

And then there was the yarn.  Oh, the yarn.

Loopy Prize yarn
There is a skein of Wollmeise in a vibrant, yummy fall colourway called Campari Orange.

Wollmeise Campari

It feels lovely and soft, and seems to be a thinner yarn than most of the sock yarns I've used.  I may actually need to swatch to make sure I use this to the best of its abilities.  And since this is "the" yarn right now, I want to make sure I get the most out of it.
Wollmeise Campari

But as lovely as the Wollmeise is, I have to admit that I've fallen for the Yarn Love Juliet.

Yarn Love Juliet

I doubt I would ever have picked out this colourway on my own.  But as soon as I held it in my hands, I knew it was the colourway I never knew I always wanted.

Yarn Love Juliet
It's all my favourite colours and combinations rolled into one.  It has the warm, toasty fall colours, the rich brown, and the bright, sunny-skies-blue. 

Yarn Love Juliet

And if you happen to know what I do for a living, you'll know why the name of the colourway is particularly appropriate and cracks me up.
Yarn Love Juliet

Thanks to Sheri and the Loopy Ewe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats to you and it couldn't be a better match with the Juliet yarn.

The Knitted Squirrel said...

What a lucky person you are! The yarn is wonderful..all you are missing is the flours! Bring your yarny goodness to the next meeting!

Anonymous said...

do you steal from the rich and give to the poor for a living?

vivian said...

congrats! excellent prize. and perfectly named yarn for you.