Monday, May 07, 2007

Music and Yarn

Saturday was May 5th, the day over 23,000 Flickr members chronicled their day and shared it with the world.

My day was a pretty typical Saturday for me. I got up, read in bed for a while, then got up and dyed my hair. Well, that's not usual.

Most of the day was spent with knitting and playing with the laptop. I finished my sock, finally. Thanks in large part to how easily persuaded I was by a comment to take the more direct route. Thanks, experienced sock knitter, kmkat!

I found that I had a hole at the ankle where I joined the heel back in with the front of the sock (I do not know technical terms) and by happy accident, that very day, Erika posted about the same problem. I commented that I had hit the same problem, and that I was thinking I should rip back and fix it.

Meanwhile, back on Saturday... after I finished sock #1, I got sock #2 started, and headed outside. I figured I needed to make my life at least a little more photogenic for this day. Plus, it was a beautiful day out. I headed first to Second Cup for caffeinated sustenance, and then down to the park, to what I am starting to think of as 'my' bench. While I was there, a little chihuahua came and hung out with me for a bit, sitting at my feet and keeping me company through my short-row toe.

It was an interesting way to spend the day, constantly looking for different ways to look at where I was and what I was doing. My favourite pictures from the day are the ones linked above, and the one I chose as the best, and submitted to the Flickr group was this one, which pretty much sums up most of my weekends.

No comments: